Sunday, October 2, 2011

Where did that time go

A long time ago, when I was just a starry-eyed nerd starting on my computer science studies, I found a new hobby, where I met some interesting people, went camping and in general passed around bottles of varying quality and taste of alcohol around a campfire.

One day, for some reason, a canadian had joined us. When I told him about my studies and plans he told me that he didn't use computers.

I was completely surprised. They're useful! You can send e-mail, read information and do all kinds of nifty stuff!

What he told me always stuck around, in the back of my head;

"I don't use computers. A man could get old behind one of those."

And now, looking back, I have to admit it: I spent too much time behind the damn machine and lost whole years that could have been spent studying faster, finding a nicer job and generally living life more.

1 comment:

  1. You would have missed a lot without your computer ;-)
    There are always pros and cons... accept that.

    ReplyDelete